cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with iPhone after transferring my old number.

Dan_B_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I received a new SIM from O2 and a PAC code from Virgin.

The number transferred over but not fully. I cannot change 'My Number' in settings it just reverts back to the O2 Sim number. I am having issues with send some text messages, i.e. failing to send, this is to multiple numbers. I have also found out that an old work contact of mine tried to text me and it failed.

Also when I text some of my contacts it no tells them I am messaging from my iCloud not my number.

I am at a lose.

Please someone Help, O2 are utterly impossible to contact.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Dan_B_ 

First thing to try is to reset your network settings.

If that fails, you'll need a new blank sim from O2 and then do another sim swa Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

@Dan_B_ 

First thing to try is to reset your network settings.

If that fails, you'll need a new blank sim from O2 and then do another sim swa Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get this sorted @Dan_B_?

Message 3 of 4

Dan_B_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This worked, thank you.

Message 4 of 4