Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting to free Wi-Fi

Lorry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got a new phone yesterday, an Oppo and the man in the o2 shop transferred everything over from from old phone which was great as I am not very good when it comes to technology. The phone is great and when I got home it connected to my home Wi-Fi straight away. The problem is, I was out in two different places yesterday that have free Wi-Fi which I was always able to connect to on my old phone. When I clicked on the Wi-Fi tab to connect to it, it just kept saying connecting but nothing happened. Can anyone tell me what I can do to solve this problem?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Lorry 

Remember, this is a new phone so you need to input the password for the free wifi as it wont be stored in your new phone's system.

Any problems, then generally a reboot of the phone will clear most issues.

Hope that helps. Welcome to the forum.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Lorry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your reply. It wont take me to the page where you usually have to register your details, it just keeps saying connecting. If it took me to the page I could type in my details and it would probably connect me but it won't let me get that far. I don't know what to do. 

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Lorry 

Is the free wifi working properly @Lorry? With so much disruption to services after Storm Eunice it's creating all sorts of problems.

Anyway I would try contacting Oppo and see if they can advise you. https://www.oppo.com/uk/contact/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Lorry 

If it shows your name on the connection page tap on it and choose "it's not me" then it should take you to the login page. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5