Did you mean: 

Porting.

Ros1ep
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I changed my Virgin Media package, including an O2 sim, 14th February.

Gave a puk code when changing package. My IPhone XR screen is showing O2, as if porting was successful. Yet when I iMessage/text, recipient is getting the number on the sim originally, not the ported number. I’ve tried to manually insert my number, in phone/iMessage  settings, but it reverts to the original sim number within seconds. Same when I try to manually change number in Apple ID. Saving Grace is that WhatsApp has recognised a change in carrier, from Virgin mobile, to O2. 

Can anyone assist, please? I’ve also switched phone off/on , several times, without success. Hope this all makes sense. I suspect it’s not unlike a previous posting of mine, where the answer was to wait a bit longer. Patience is a virtue. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ros1ep 

It’ll be easier to call them. 
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ros1ep 

If your number won't save in Settings >Phone >My Number (you need to tap "done") you'll need to get a new blank sim from O2 and do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Ros1ep
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Just received an email from O2, saying the information I’ve given is mismatched on their system, and they cannot proceed with porting. It’s the only information they have. They ask that I web chat them, but I cannot see any reference to a web chat on the link in this email. Not a clue what to do next. Appreciate you are not an O2 staff member, but are there any O2 staff members on this forum who could assist? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ros1ep 

It’ll be easier to call them. 
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4