Did you mean: 

Porting problems

Stage2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Anyone got any ideas?

02 got my pac code , and got my provider to terminate on the 19th , when they were due to port it , nothing happened.

got in touch with them , it'll definitely happen tomorrow, nothing.

got in touch today and apparently they don't know why it's happened, and was told 5-10 days .

not really good enough and there is no way to contact the porting team direct.

i appreciate the chat box people don't have the power to do it , but very frustrating.

the temporary number now can't find the network , so the phone is inoperative, rebooted many times .

if I call my old number , it says doesn't exist and check number.

don't know where to go next.

any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stage2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok , it's done , took 7 working days to happen , and as they cut my temporary number off as well , 3 days ago , I couldn't reply to anyone on this forum as it wanted to text a confirmation of identity code to a number they had cut off, so I couldn't access this community .

I'm in negotiations about a bill reduction , dunno where I'll get with that .

thank you all for your input , and to those in limbo , I feel for you and I hope you get resolved soon

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10678 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3100 Solutions

@Stage2 

There is no way to contact the back office porting team, and if they say 5-10 days then it has gone to your previous network to resolve an issue, and in some circumstances then it could go to the number owner (if you have ported multiple times). 

You will have to persevere with customer services on 202 or 0344 809 0202

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 11

Stage2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your reply , I appreciate there are no O2 staff here , I was trying to find out if anyone knew if there were any other options to try .

all the chat reps have been great , but every time I reach out to 02, the solution seems to get further away😔

Message 3 of 11

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Stage2 wrote:

Thanks for your reply , I appreciate there are no O2 staff here , I was trying to find out if anyone knew if there were any other options to try .

all the chat reps have been great , but every time I reach out to 02, the solution seems to get further away😔

@Stage2 

You could try messaging O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

It is probably easier than hanging on the 'phone, although you might need to remind the social media team once or twice before they reply. 

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 4 of 11

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Stage2 I have had the same issue since the 5th March. O2 customer service simply lie to get you of the phone. The incompetence is exhausting. 

I am no closer to getting my number back.

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@PaulRedPAYG 

@PaulRedPAYG wrote:

@Stage2 I have had the same issue since the 5th March. O2 customer service simply lie to get you of the phone. The incompetence is exhausting. 

I am no closer to getting my number back.

Keep trying @PaulRedPAYG and @Stage2 and good luck ! 👍

Message 6 of 11

PaulRedPAYG
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian I thought I would play the game again tonight. Spent 1.5 hours on the phone. 40 mins initially and then put back in the queue after being on hold for 5 mins and put through to 360 support. A very nice lady there could not help but put me back through and directly to PAYG support where I was then put on hold for 15 minutes and then cut me off.

Nothing resolved.

At this stage, nothing shocks me.

Message 7 of 11

Stage2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok , it's done , took 7 working days to happen , and as they cut my temporary number off as well , 3 days ago , I couldn't reply to anyone on this forum as it wanted to text a confirmation of identity code to a number they had cut off, so I couldn't access this community .

I'm in negotiations about a bill reduction , dunno where I'll get with that .

thank you all for your input , and to those in limbo , I feel for you and I hope you get resolved soon

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Pleased to note @Stage2 that you have resolution ! 😀 

Message 9 of 11

TFDERRY
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have very similar issue which 02 cant find the solution to. I've tried cancelling my order within the 14 day cooling off period as my number didn't migrate and I was told if I did then I would lose my old number,  all lies I've found out. Calling 02 is a joke. No help. On June 10th this year I moved from Vodafone to 02, sent PAC to 02, was told Porting/migration could take 48 hrs. Received my handset and temporary sim card, proceeded inserting Sim and transferred everything from my old phone to my new A35 Samsung. Now I'm waiting for my number to follow. Gave them 3 days and rang 02, they raised a ticket to their back room support, I was told it could take 48hrs so I waited, heard nothing back. Then my temporary sim stopped receiving calls or texts. I called again this time to be told my Porting is stuck constantly showing "processing" this time I was told it could take 5 to 7 working days to migrate, nothing happened, I asked for a working temporary sim, this can't be done while processing is taking place. After 21 days I still have no working phone. 22 hours of calling and still saying it's processing. I've had my number since 1st mobiles came out and would hate to lose it. Has anyone any suggestions for me as the 02 customer services can only harvest your information and escalate it to the back room support. So far 9 tickets and escalations have been raised and closed with no response from the backroom support apart from "it's processing" as you can imagine my number is stored in everything from receiving access codes from banking, NHS,02, well everything. I have AF Heart Failure, I can't access my appointments at hospitals etc. The 02 customer services are quite good at lies and when they can't help they raise a ticket. I have issued 02 with a Subject Access Request, by law they must provide you with all records of calls to me so I can highlight the lies I've been told, had an email today which states this information cannot be provided as I don't have a recognisable 02 number.  I can't win, I only want my number back. Any suggestions would really help. Thank you. 

Message 10 of 11