Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Old Number to O2 Sim

Khaos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just left EE and taken out a pay monthly contract with O2 and just wanted to double check something before I do it.

I supplied my EE phone number and PAC during the signing up process. I know when the sim card arrives I just pop it in and it activates the sim and I've had the text message telling me to text SWAP to 20220 which I believe starts the porting process.

My question is do I send the 'SWAP' message from the EE or O2 sim as I'm not sure who starts the process.

Also I've got dual sim phones but not putting both sims in together, will stick the EE in my work phone so I can see when it loses signal.

Thanks for any info

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Khaos 

All info is in this guide

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

The part you want is at the bottom of the guide.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Khaos 

All info is in this guide

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

The part you want is at the bottom of the guide.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

Khaos
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, had read that 3 or 4 times but just concentrated on the end bit this time. Guessing as it's mentioned the temporary number it's the O2 sim you text SWAP too 😆 

Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Khaos 

Or, as coming from another network, you could just contact O2 and ask them to migrate your number across.

202 or 0344 809 202 (Contract)  4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Best of luck and welcome to the forum. 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

Khaos
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info, hopefully sim arrives today so will pop it in to activate then give them a call about transferring the number, should be straight forward they already got the number and PAC code.

Message 5 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

If you are moving networks then you need to PORT your number, and use a PAC @Khaos 

You will get a text message to the number you want to keep confirming the date the number will move - if you have not had this yet you might want to get back in touch with customer services...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Khaos 

This is in the PORTING guide I posted. Not sure if you read the link in the guide?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Khaos
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know about porting the number, that's not what I am trying to establish.

O2 currently have my EE phone number, they have the PAC code and I've received the text message 'text SWAP to 20220' and I just wanted to make sure I text SWAP using the O2 sim.

Message 8 of 18

Khaos
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Never clicked that link so have now and bookmarked it 😆 

Message 9 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12080 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Sorry @Khaos , but I'm now confused.

You are moving from EE to o2? And you have given your PAC to o2? And have you had a text to the EE number confirming it will move and a date?

Then you don't need to do anything else.

If you have not given your PAC, then you need to do that. 
If you have not had a text, you probably need to give your PAC again (or at least check customer services have it).

You do NOT need to text SWAP - this is if you are moving a number that is already with o2 onto another o2 SIM card.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 18