Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port In/Migrate - Request refused

AlistairS
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Got my SIM today today in the post (new customer).  When I placed the order online on Saturday I filled in my PAC from Lebara and all the details required to port over.

Put O2 sim on still on original number.  Now filled in the online form 4-5 times and keep getting request refused:

More info
*** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***

The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:

Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request.
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AlistairS
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

unfortuntely, I don't use any of those social media platforms.  Bizaarely, i had a text saying they will set me up on the network tomorrow. So will wait and see

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

AlistairS
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Don't know what the problem is, anyone help?

Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@AlistairS 

It's usually the answer to the security question which is different to your password.

ie mother's maiden name etc.....

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.
Thanks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

AlistairS
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks, it would help if it told us that on the form as I have been inputting characters from my online O2 account password.  I have tried my mother's maiden name now.  What i don't understand is that i was asked for all the info on Saturday and nothing was done?

Message 4 of 13

AlistairS
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Another rejection with the different details

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Contact O2 on social media as advised above @AlistairS 

They will be able to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

AlistairS
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

unfortuntely, I don't use any of those social media platforms.  Bizaarely, i had a text saying they will set me up on the network tomorrow. So will wait and see

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Sounds like one of the attempts was successful after all @AlistairS 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

AlistairS
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

yes, one of them must have worked.  transfer complete

Message 9 of 13

MA-2021
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also tried porting my number last weekend, assumed it would go through today (Tuesday), but nothing happened all day. Tried submitting the form again this afternoon and kept getting the same message as OP above. Was using the 6 digit text number first texted to me by O2 when I first joined, but realise that says onetime only. Have reset my security question and tried that about 45 mins ago and have yet to receive a rejection, but haven't received a confirmation they are going to act on it.  I realise that I also have a 4 digit number written down, I'm wondering whether it's that I should be using as the passcode as it's asking for digits 2 and 3?  On the first page it isn't clear whether the number that goes in the top box is the temporary number or the one you want to keep.  Altogether a horribly frustrating process with as yet no sign that I'm getting anywhere. Have contacted via Facebook but no response as yet.

Message 10 of 13