Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal in Tonbridge, Kent

SamTonbridge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has been the case for many months now and, as a Tonbridge resident and O2 customer, it can get very frustrating. According to the network status checker it is due to overload and that O2 is working on it. How can I find out exactly what is being done to remedy the problem and how long it might take? Many thanks, Sam 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

O2 are usually quite coy about timelines, as are other networks.

Download and configure O2's My Network app from your phone's app store, @SamTonbridge 

It will monitor and inform you and O2 when signal or access is poor, you will need to set up an account on the app, as it is separate from MyO2's password management system.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Message 2 of 5

japitts
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 125 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@SamTonbridge wrote:

it is due to overload...How can I find out exactly what is being done to remedy the problem and how long it might take?

The remedy for site congestion is either a tech-add, a carrier-add or a combination of the two. The exact nature of this will depend on numerous factors - the individual site config, possible backhaul or TX requirements, and planning/legal issues. Every site will be different.

It won't assist you, but there isn't a one-size-fits-all, and thus the work will take as long as it takes.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23467 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@SamTonbridge To help you when you're at home use WiFi calling: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
Message 5 of 5