Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal but no issues found by O2

BenMull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I sent a request to look in to signal quality for my postcode RG270BF a day or two ago. Without WiFi I can often be without signal at all in the house. O2 claim there is no known faults in this area so I'm not sure what to do now. Its not the end of the world but it is somewhat annoying having to rely on WiFi to use my phone. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@O2Lisa can check for you in the morning if anything can be done.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @MI5, thanks for the tag smiling

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having @BenMull, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

BenMull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks both
Message 4 of 7

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've never been able to get even 3G at home and I've reported it to O2 countless times over the years since 3G was introduced. And countless times O2 have replied to assure me there are no problems at all in my postcode. And I can't contradict them because if I walk 100 to 150 meters away from home in any direction I can pick up O2 4G perfectly. Without wi-fi I would have to leave O2 or spend a lot of time walking the streets to use my phone!
Interestingly, I also have an EE work phone which has perfect 4G at home.
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I'm surprised just how many people 'put up with'poor signal

Highlights the need to try free P&G sims before committing to a two or three year contract

A good deal on a phone is pointless if it can't be used as a phone

Message 6 of 7

G4Grandad
Level 3: Thinker
  • 39 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I agree 100%. I've had my 02 number since BTCellnet days but it's never been my primary phone since 3G arrived and so many important functions weren't available at home. And I had no intention of walking the streets to get a connection . I switched to a P&G Classic sim only deal years ago to enjoy all the benefits of Priority without paying a monthly bill for services I couldn't access. And also to have access to this superb Community which has helped me numerous times.
Message 7 of 7