Did you mean: 

Poor signal East Cowes, Cowes and Isle of Wight in general

psg15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

I am having really poor reception in East cowes isle of Wight at home, Cowes and the island in general. I was on the mainland on Wednesday and it was fine so do not believe it is my phone. Most the time around the island I have either 1 or 2 bars of signal at most? The coverage map says I should have good signal. Phone has been turned on and off. I do not believe it is the phone as had no issues off the island?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6529 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1480 Solutions

O2 have capacity issues in places. I suspect the IOW in the holiday season makes it worse.

I find switching down to 3G helps in these situations 

Screenshot_20220812-112134_Chrome.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

micky1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too was on the Island last weekend. Horrendous signal (lack of). We were in Ventnor and had NO signal (the family thought we made it up ) only place for a good Signal to make a call to tell everyone we were ok was Ryde High St. Glad it wasn't us going mad!!! 

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6529 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1480 Solutions

O2 have capacity issues in places. I suspect the IOW in the holiday season makes it worse.

I find switching down to 3G helps in these situations 

Screenshot_20220812-112134_Chrome.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3