Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 pro

Nonameworks
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My new out of the box today pixel 6 pro came with a USB C to USB C cable that obv doesn't plug into any of USB sockets around the house. It will not charge from any of my numerous other cables. Nor will it charge from any of my older 3 pin plugs and USB cables.

I have now read online this is a fairly common issue. It's A bit like selling a car that you cannot fill with fuel at any uk petrol station without buying some kind of fuel adapter.

I would ask that o2 supply me either a plug or a cable I can use or the phone is going back as I will not be forced into buying new cables for it.. A point of principle. Can Anyone from O2 on here can advise please? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35228 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

We, like you, are all customers on the Community. The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro come that way, @Nonameworks - assuming you already have a Chromebook or Kindle or other device in the house that gives you a USB-C-ended charge capability. The provided cable is for transferring your files and apps etc from another USB-C equipped phone. This is clearly shown in the official Google 6 'What's in the box?' publicity.

You are free to return it, of course, if within your 28-day return window. Instructions for returns here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
  • 35228 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

We, like you, are all customers on the Community. The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro come that way, @Nonameworks - assuming you already have a Chromebook or Kindle or other device in the house that gives you a USB-C-ended charge capability. The provided cable is for transferring your files and apps etc from another USB-C equipped phone. This is clearly shown in the official Google 6 'What's in the box?' publicity.

You are free to return it, of course, if within your 28-day return window. Instructions for returns here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

Message 2 of 5

Nonameworks
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly I went into 2 stores and spoke to o2 staff about the phone... Neither one of the staff members advised I would need to fund my own way to charge it and neither advised me to check what's in the box . Sadly I expected a way to charge this to be already in the box. Good job I am able to return it. 

Message 3 of 5

pgn
  • 35228 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I have updated the reply to add return instructions, @Nonameworks - good luck!

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Nonameworks 

Just so you are aware most mobile phone manufacturers are removing chargers from phones, and tablets.. 

These include Sony, Samsung and Apple and Google, and more are following suite.. so I would just pony up for either a USB A to USB C cable or a charger, Amazon sell them for about £10 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5