Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 network problems

DanMabbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the last update my pixel 6 hasn't has a mobile connection, is there a fix I can't try? It's no good to me if it won't work, where do I stand if I decide to return the handset?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DanMabbs 

You can send it back for exchange within 28 days if it's faulty. https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device Other than that if it needs a repair you can send it for repair at an authorised Google Repair shop https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9004345?hl=en-GB 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

DanMabbs
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So there isn't a fix available? I'll not be wasting my time or money on a repair when the handset is obviously not fit for purpose

Message 3 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Have you tried your sim card in another phone @DanMabbs ?

If it works the problem is the phone, but if not you need to try a new sim card.

Have you googled to see if the update has caused anyone else an issue?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 16

DanMabbs
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lol I suggest you look at your own threads in this group, literally thousands of people are complaining of the same issues 

Message 5 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9987 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@DanMabbs 

So Google have updated a handset and bricked it through there own poor QA and testing processes.  what a surprise...  Looks like YOU are the beta testers for this update... and its a Global Issue...

Pixel 6 December update causes network issues for some - 9to5Google  and Google are denying its their issue...hmmm me smells Alphabet BS
I haven't seen thousands of threads and people complaining about it. 

Contact Google and ask them what they are doing to fix the problem THEY caused. If you are in 28 days you can return it, otherwise you will have to pay off the device plan to cancel.

Or downgrade to the previous release.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 16

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

just searched for pixel 6 on the community.

27 results.

1 mentions network problems.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 7 of 16

DanMabbs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I won't be paying anything for a handset that doesn't work from new.

Message 8 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9987 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Well speak to Google then they have crippled your phone, not o2...

I can and do us the internet, but I know how to use a search engine properly and I meant this forum, which is what you implied was where you saw all these threads..... 

You obviously don't understand that Google release updates direct to the Pixels and they have absolutely made a mess of this update....  

You have a few options.

1. Downgrade to the OS to the pre patch version

2. If not and within 28 days return the phone to o2 contact o2 on 0344 809 0202 from another phone otherwise you need to speak to GOOGLE 

3. Hope Google fix the problem ASAP and then update it to the latest stable version

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@DanMabbs wrote:

I won't be paying anything for a handset that doesn't work from new.

Unless you act quickly to either send it back or fix the problem then you will be paying for it as you signed a contract @DanMabbs

Message 10 of 16