Did you mean: 

Physical SIM to eSIM failed

RandAlThor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, guys and girls,

I have the following issue. I requested an eSIM (for an existing physical SIM) on Saturday, but 2h after the request the eSIM activation apparently failed as I got a notification on the iPhone. Now neither the eSIM nor the physical SIM is working.

I've been to two different stores, but because the order for "Deactivation, SIM Swap" is still "processing", the O2 system wouldn't allow them to generate a new eSIM or physical SIM as the number is marked as "Reserved". The issue has been escalated to the backend technical team, but I am seeing a lot of messages that they are not very proactive.

I've also spoken to a number of Customer Service Agents via the phone who have been extremely unhelpful repeating "we are sorry for this", but not actually offering a solution, but waiting, so I've escalated this as a complaint. In addition, I am also chasing O2 on Twitter.

While I understand that there are unforeseen tech issues, it is really unfathomable that nothing can be done and nobody can simply cancel the order to request a new eSIM or physical SIM. I am getting stressed as this number is linked to a number of 2FA and I will also be travelling outside the UK for a prolonged period of time from Friday.

Any idea, how to get this resolved faster or at least get to the backend team in time? How long can an order be marked as processing before it is automatically cancelled? 

I would really appreciate any help and support at this time.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Afternoon @RandAlThor 

Can you please drop me a PM with some further details and I'll take a closer look.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@RandAlThor 

If you can't install from your MyO2 you have no choice but to keep pestering O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Try them on social media.

esim install.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

RandAlThor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 I cannot do it via the MyO2 as it won't allow me to generate any orders (I would assume for the same reason as the people in-store).

I am constantly calling them and chasing on social media, but this is a really poor experience =( and it's such a simple task.

Message 3 of 9

RandAlThor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Dave-O2 ,

I am terribly sorry to tag you like this and bother you, but I saw that you were mentioned in similar threads and also managed to help some people out.

Do you think that something can be done about this?

Thank you very much in advance 🙏

Message 4 of 9

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Afternoon @RandAlThor 

Can you please drop me a PM with some further details and I'll take a closer look.

Message 5 of 9

RandAlThor
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon @Dave-O2,

Thank you very much. I've sent you a message. Please do let me know if there is anything else that you need as info.

Message 6 of 9

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Morning @RandAlThor 

I have your PM and I'll be back in touch as soon as I can.

Message 7 of 9

ZooMoo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I am in the same situation and just wondering how long it’ll likely take? I’ve been told 10 days possibly and that I’ll be contacted. Just wondering how as I don’t have a working number 

Message 8 of 9

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@ZooMoo wrote:

Hi. I am in the same situation and just wondering how long it’ll likely take? I’ve been told 10 days possibly and that I’ll be contacted. Just wondering how as I don’t have a working number 

Send a PM about the problem you have, here on the forum to @Kei-M_O2 on Monday, as Dave-O2 is off for a few months, @ZooMoo.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 9