Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos and video media problem

Sandradh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help as I can't speak to a human, I've just changed my contract and started with a Galaxy A71, last night I took a video and some photographs which appeared to take correctly, however on coming to look back at them they appear as incompatible media files, it is also doing this with two photos taken earlier in the day which were fine as I sent them to someone and a video taken the day before which was also fine.

Any suggestions how to fix or how to speak to someone who can talk me through it, I literally started the contract a couple of days ago so am not impressed at having a problem already.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Not something I have seen before.
What app are you using to view the videos and photos?
Try turning the phone off and on again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Sandradh
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I've tried the restarting the phone frowning2 it didn't make a difference. I'm only looking at them on the Gallery or trying to post them on Facebook, it's Facebook that gave me the actual error message, the phone just has and exclamation mark over them. Thanks though.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It sounds like all your media is being uploaded straight to Google and need downloading to the phone

Have a look in Gallery settings or camera settings or maybe even Google settings on the phone to keep your media on the phone.

Simply launch the Google Photos app on your phone or tablet. Then, tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner (three horizontal bars) and then tap on the Settings icon (the cog). You should see Back up & sync at the top of the list. Tap on it and then tap the toggle to disable the service.9 May 2018
Message 4 of 4