Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number port over 2 weeks delayed

Jon18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so first post was marked as spam for some reason for all sincerity this is genuine.  im having issues with porting my number.

i joined O2 on 26-06, and requested a port that same day, received mail saying the port would be completed 27-06 - great. 

27-06 came and went, i was patient and assumed it would be an error so waited till the 29th to call, i was told 24 hours, i have been told its only going to be 24 hours about 7 days now. i had them raise a ticket for them to close that as resolved without resolving anything. i escalated things with a complaint - and was told i would be updated in 2-3 days, its now been 7 and I'm still chasing them for an update 
its 11-07, and no one will answer what is going wrong with this, why it keeps taking so long or anything else. 
i expressed several times how I'm awaiting a call to that number regarding urgent medical care and all i get back is "i understand please wait another 24 hours" 

my old number with three was deactivated on 27-06, and o2 acknowledged that i cant leave this network and take my old number to another provider until this is resolved, but no one on the customer service desk  can say how long it will be to resolve it. 
when i asked point blank "is my old number gone forever" they dodge the question saying "its with the back office and we can only communicate through tickets" and that they "cant use the phone" 

has anyone else had this, does anyone know the best way to get this resolved as at the moment im getting nowhere other than being told to wait another day, every day.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148826 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@Jon18 

Not an uncommon complaint on here.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Sadly you are not alone. When O2 screw up they do it big style.

Have you tried them via social media. The team there seems quite good and you can keep a paper trail of your interactions 

Links in this guide

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 8

Jon18
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeh i deleted my social media years ago as its just too toxic on there. 

Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38218 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Jon18 wrote:

yeh i deleted my social media years ago as its just too toxic on there. 

Well worth keeping a sleeper account on X just for this reason, @Jon18 - O2 keep their DMs open:

Message 5 of 8

Jon18
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well i got back on my old social media, and they still are of no help, just giving me the same "its been stuck since the 28th and our porting team are working on it", yet wont give me any update on if any action has been taken at all yet. even if i ask "is there a chance this has accidently gone unnoticed by the team looking into it" they dont answer. 
essentially seems im unable to use my phone or take my phone number to another provider until o2 decide they feel like helping for a change. (they confirmed i cant get a PAC code for my number until the port is completed) 
but they still bill me so they clearly give the impression that they don't care. 

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23923 Posts
  • 1043 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Jon18 Sadly, the last sentence of your post is absolutely correct. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Jon18
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

general update after 4 weeks from the initial request - still no resolution, no one from 02 reaching out to update me. no one from the complaints team getting back to me 3 weeks after being told it would be 2-3 days for them to contact me. 

after agreeing I wont be billed until the issue is resolved though they did take money from me anyway. and i am again told that I'm going to have to wait until Tuesday for an update (my Pac code expires on Wednesday and three no longer have the number so at the moment i suspect I'm losing that number forever) 

Message 8 of 8