Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number will not update on iPhone

Archie23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I ported my old number to a new Sim only contract. 

The transferred number is working for calls /texts but My Number in settings is the temporary sim number. If I edit this number to the transferred number I want to use it will not save this number.

Also in iMessages the the temporary sim number is shown but not the transferred number.

How can I rectify this?

I have tried:

Powering the phone off and back on again.

Powering off, taking the SIM out, leaving for 1/2 hour then replacing the SIM and powering up again.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93283 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 2 of 9

Archie23
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks jonsie

Tried the Network Settings reset and still picking up only the temporary number in Phone settings and iMessage 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146990 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Archie23 

You'll need to get a new blank sim and do a sim swap.

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this or pop into your local O2 store and take ID with you.
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 9

Archie23
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

I think a visit to a store may be the best route.

You'd never believe just changing provider could be so difficult. Im still not able to pair my Apple Watch due to Error 106 problem.

This has been a disaster.

Message 5 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12368 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Get a new sim and the phone number working and let us know as there is some community support from o2 and they may be able to help with the watch problem @Archie23 but no point trying until the phone is sorted...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 9

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get this sorted with a new SIM @Archie23?

Message 7 of 9

TJN
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The mobile number pre-installed on the physical sim card will remain the same, even after your origional number has been transferred to that sim card.   But the "new" number will not be active, or have any relevance to your service.  It is little more than a note or memo within the sim card chip data. 

On some very old 2nd generation mobile handsets, it is possible to edit the number on the sim card, and change it to the number which is actually active and linked to the sim card. 

I have two or three old handsets which have this function, such as my Nokia (3311?) from the 1990's, and a couple of Sony Ericsson's from the early 2000's.

Message 8 of 9

nicole14
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this same issue - and it won't let me send text messages as a result. Has anyone had any luck fixing it?

Message 9 of 9