Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Calls and Data usage from Spain

ITQs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I was in Spain in May I was unable to make Phone Calls or use Data (for Google Maps etc). Reading about my Bundle it seems that I should be able to do both. But Data Roaming was always greyed out so I could not turn it on. Why am I having this problem?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@ITQs 

Is data roaming still greyed out now in the UK?

I've never seen it like that before.

It could have been a local network issue, if so, manually searching for a different network may have helped.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

ITQs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, it is not greyed out now I'm back in the UK.
My wife is also on O2 (different package/contract) and she had no trouble the whole time we were there.

(Tried calling O2 support, but just held on for ages....)

Many thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147143 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28295 Solutions

@ITQs 

Turn it on now (it won't make any difference when in UK) then see what happens next time you go away.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23558 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@ITQs Should you encounter the problem again, keep in mind that you don't need data on to use Google maps:

Download areas & navigate offline - Android - Google Maps Help

Download areas & navigate offline - iPhone & iPad - Google Maps Help

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5