Did you mean: 

Personal hotspot suddenly not working

LydiaC05
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

basically having the same problems as this forum https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Hotspot-not-working/td-p/1489532

moving house so my internet has gone - went to use my hotspot a week ago and it was fine, then 5 days or so ago it would intermittently pop up with errors saying ‘Failed to enable personal hotspot’ (for a few hours per day) then it went permanent about 3-4 days ago. I’m using an iPhone 11 and MacBook Pro (both relatively up to date with updates). 

- O2 have confirmed no restrictions on my phone

- Network reset did nothing

- my phone and laptop have never had this problem before

- my phone is right next to my laptop (so ‘In range’)

- I have tried this with 2 iPads and 2 MacBooks 

The weird thing is when I go to connect my hotspot on my MacBook, it is detecting a completely different signal strength to my phone. My phone is on 2-3 bars of 4G but my laptop fluctuates. It’s been LTE, Edge, GRPS, 3G, 4G and 5G. I can’t understand how my phone shows a constant 2-3 bar signal whereas my laptop doesn’t seem to replicate that?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36114 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Weird behaviour indeed! As with the previous post, it seems further help is required from O2 - @O2Lisa is on this morning, keep an eye on your PMs here this morning, @LydiaC05, and good luck!

Message 2 of 3

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @pgn, thanks for the tag.

@LydiaC05 I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3