cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC number transfer has taken over a week and still not gone through?

H1JFG
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

First time poster on this forum. Looking for some advice.

I completed the O2 form for a PAC transfer of my old number to my new O2 pay monthly SIM on December 19th. 

On Friday 23rd December I chased this up as the number had not been transferred to O2, but the old number had gone offline (although the old account was still open). I was told the swap would take place before 6PM the next day. 

The swap never happened. 

I chased up O2 again, and was told the port was due to be actioned on December 29th. 

Once again the swap did not take place. 

I have just chased up O2 again this morning (30/12) and have been told the issue is with O2 and it has now been escalated and will take up to 5 days to resolve, but hopefully sooner. 

My old mobile account was closed yesterday, so part of the port-in process has completed, but my old number has not been assigned to my new O2 SIM. Getting very worried that my old number is "lost" somewhere.  

Has anyone else experienced this long delay in porting over an old number?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

H1JFG
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Everything is now sorted. Typically, within an hour of posting, the number port went through. It took a lot longer than expected, but all appears fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@H1JFG I'll ask one of the Agents if they can help see what is happening

@O2Sarah-  Can you help, please

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @Enlli , Thanks for the tag

@H1JFG  I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 3 of 12

H1JFG
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Everything is now sorted. Typically, within an hour of posting, the number port went through. It took a lot longer than expected, but all appears fine now.

Message 4 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Great news, @H1JFG - and good work by O2Sarah- getting it moved through to completion for you. Thanks for the feedback 👍

Message 5 of 12

CG12052018
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Im I’m the same situation. I was told my transfer would happen by 6pm on 27/12/22. I’ve spoken to customer services several times and I am still waiting with no service with my previous provider or O2.

I can only use iMessage and access emails when connected to WiFi.

I’ve been told all sorts from give it 4 hours, it’s been escalated as a priority, and the latest this morning (1/1/23) it should be done in next 2-3 days! 
It’s just not good enough and I do not understand why no one seems to be able to tell me what the issue is exactly.  Customer services have been completely ineffective and unhelpful actually stating they would escalate and subsequently finding out this has not been done. 
anyone have any advice or suggestions. I need my phone for work and this is causing serious issues.

I'm seriously considering cancelling with O2.

Message 6 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6773 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1509 Solutions

@CG12052018 

I'll ask @O2Sarah- to take a look when she comes on duty tomorrow

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @Enlli , Thanks for the tag 

@CG12052018 I will send you a private message so we can check your port status. 

Message 8 of 12

Chunk1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Filled out form for transfer of number at weekend and number has still not been changed. How can I chase this up?

Message 9 of 12

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Chunk1 wrote:

Filled out form for transfer of number at weekend and number has still not been changed. How can I chase this up?

You have tagged your query onto an old thread, @Chunk1 - and the Forum O2 Advisors were disbanded in July.

You need to contact the O2 sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media, via the link just below, or you can call them on 0800 081 0255 in the morning, 08:10ish is good.

Good luck!

Message 10 of 12