cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC number transfer has taken over a week and still not gone through?

H1JFG
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

First time poster on this forum. Looking for some advice.

I completed the O2 form for a PAC transfer of my old number to my new O2 pay monthly SIM on December 19th. 

On Friday 23rd December I chased this up as the number had not been transferred to O2, but the old number had gone offline (although the old account was still open). I was told the swap would take place before 6PM the next day. 

The swap never happened. 

I chased up O2 again, and was told the port was due to be actioned on December 29th. 

Once again the swap did not take place. 

I have just chased up O2 again this morning (30/12) and have been told the issue is with O2 and it has now been escalated and will take up to 5 days to resolve, but hopefully sooner. 

My old mobile account was closed yesterday, so part of the port-in process has completed, but my old number has not been assigned to my new O2 SIM. Getting very worried that my old number is "lost" somewhere.  

Has anyone else experienced this long delay in porting over an old number?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

aaronUk
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry for posting on an old thread but I'm having the same issue as these guys. I put in for a transfer last week Thursday. It's Wednesday and still nothing my old number has been disconnected from ee service so I no longer have access to things linked to the number because O2 is taking so long. 

I'm considering cancelling my contract because of this and the stress it has brought.

Message 11 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12148 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Did you get a message about when the transfer will happen @aaronUk (on the number you are keeping)?

Why has the number stopped on EE - was that PAYG? Did you give notice on a contract?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 12