Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmation sent to wrong email address

Zo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm (hopefully) at the end of a long running battle with o2 regarding a code for a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds that were on offer when we refreshed my daughter's phone in December. I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve it,and ended up moving to Twitter. They FINALLY  sent me the code for the offer yesterday and I duly placed the order. However,on the order confirmation it has my husband's old email address on it-despite us changing it over the phone a few weeks ago. We have no access to that email address. I have asked on Twitter but haven't had a reply,and I was hoping to collect the Ear Pods on Monday. I have the order number,can show I paid the £1 via my banking app,have forwarded emails from my husband showing o2 have sent the verification link when we changed the email address and one from today telling us to click on the link to get the vat receipt for that order,but the link doesn't work and I can't see anything on My o2 as to how to find it. I know I need a four digit code to collect them but how do I do it if they sent the email confirmation to the wrong email address?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144955 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Zo 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Zo
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,yes I appreciate that. I wanted to know if anyone knew what to do if they hadn't received the collection code- particularly when it's o2s fault that it went to the wrong one. I'm loathe to phone Customer Services again,having made several calls lasting 30 mins a piece without actually resolving anything. I have sent a few messages via my Twitter message thread but not had a reply. There is a chance they may not reply before I go to collect the Pods on Monday morning. The whole issue,from start to finish,has been frustrating and irritating and I just want it to be over. Do you know how to access live orders via my O2? The Vat link they sent via email doesn't work.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144955 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Zo 

It's unlikely that the store will release your pods without the pin code so that needs to be your priority.

Look under recent orders in your MyO2 for more information on it.

Is there no way of accessing the old email address?

If not, you will just have to persist with contacting O2 one way or another and multiple ways at once may be the best way forward given your time requirement.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Zo
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,I can't see where my recent orders would be. Any idea how to access it? (ie what to click on?)  I've been onto it and feel like I've looked at every possible thing that I can,but can't see it anywhere. 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144955 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Zo 

Online (not app) it's towards the bottom of the home screen.

https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/ 

Recent Orders.jpg

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6