Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Mast fault at LN1 2HE

Mastdebate
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been suffering from extremely poor mobile data signal in the LN1 2HE area of Saxilby, and need to know when this is likely to be resolved? I initially checked O2 coverage checker, that confirmed O2 has a fault with a mast. I subscribed to the O2 alerts system, expecting updates on this mast issue. However, despite the initial texts saying the ongoing issue was being sorted by engineers, nothing is resolved 4 weeks on! The texts from O2 variously state that the issue should be resolved in 48 hours, then 5 days, then 7 days, then back to 48 hours…and so it goes on. These generic texts tell me absolutely nothing about a likely end date to this problem, and seem pointless insofar as providing any precise information as to when this mast problem is likely to be fixed. How long will O2 send out misleading texts quoting between 48 hours to 7 days to fix the issue, when it has been ongoing for 4 weeks? Is there a human that can give a genuine answer to this unresolved and open ended mess? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149253 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

@Mastdebate 

Sadly, no one will tell you because no one knows.

There are many reasons for delays but your wait does seem unacceptable.

Use the My Network app and consider a request to O2 for compensation when it's finally fixed.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 213 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

There are numerous reasons why fault repairs become protracted, but anything beyond 3-4 days is quite often due to third party issues.

There may be details on the fault ticket, but CS are generally geared towards users who just want phones to work and don't really care for the specific details - even if they were offered, which is not necessarily the case.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149253 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28469 Solutions

Customer service have no more info than can be found on the status pages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4