Did you mean: 

Old Mobile Number accessibility

Accessibility
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I had an O2 mobile No. some years ago. I need access to that number from 2016-2017. I've been with another provider since 2019 but need access to old O2 records. Anyone able to help please?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10600 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Accessibility 

You have next to no chance of getting access to the number as it will have been recycled by now, or any records relating to it, as o2 only need to keep records for a max of 7 years but only for certain transactions such as financial. 

Your only option is to raise a DSAR or contact the o2 DPO https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...  And see what if anything they can provide..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 10600 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Accessibility 

You have next to no chance of getting access to the number as it will have been recycled by now, or any records relating to it, as o2 only need to keep records for a max of 7 years but only for certain transactions such as financial. 

Your only option is to raise a DSAR or contact the o2 DPO https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...  And see what if anything they can provide..

Message 2 of 4

Accessibility
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that. I'll try as you suggest. Most obliged.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10600 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

Good luck, and they have 40 days to come back to you with any information, and most companies take the full 40 days 

Message 4 of 4