Did you mean: 

Odd SIM Status

DJC1961
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife and I have, in the last week, bought new Galaxy S23 phones

My wife upgraded from a Galaxy S10, which had trouble with roaming in the USA and I upgraded from a Galaxy S20FE, which was physical damaged

We both used the automatic transfer of data from our old phones

Initially both phones both seemed to behave in a similar manner

Because we are about to embark on a cruise to the Caribbean I decided to see if both phones were setup for roaming. I opened Settings and did a search for Roaming

The first result of the search took me to SIM Status and I was surprised to find that the two phones had significantly different status entries

Section

My phone

My wife’s phone

Network

O2

O2

Mobile Network Status

Disconnected

Connected

Service Status

In Service

In Service

IMS Registration Status

Registered

Not Registered

Signal Strength

Mobile Voice Network Type

LTE

4G

Mobile Data Network Type

LTE

4G

Can someone please explain

1. The significance of these differences
  2. Tell me which settings need changing on which phone
  3.  Let me know if the settings can be changed on the relevant phone or if they need to be done by O2

We are both contracted on the same pay monthly contact in a joint account with O2      

Our main concern is that we are starting our cruise on Wednesday 15 November and while at sea we will usually be out of touch. due to wifi charges of £12 a day.   

Many thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144423 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@DJC1961 

Looks like mobile data is off on your phone and your phone is registered for VoLTE but your wife's isn't.

Signal strength is near enough the same on both (poor) and will vary as you move around.

dbm.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2