Did you mean: 

O2 has failed to transfer my number from EE - nobody can now call me

Herman35
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I called O2 and having just signed up gave PAC code to O2 operator who promised that number would be transferred by Friday evening.

As instructed I inserted the O2 sim on Friday evening. Since then I made a few calls.

However, a friend just drove to my house, worried that I had not returned calls that he left on answerphone. It turns out that O2 has failed to transfer number, and nobody can call me.

This is terrible, as I am depended on people helping me. The website is a joke, the AI robot is not able to understand even the most simple question, and now it is past 8pm and nobody can reach me.

Been with EE for 16 years, always did they fix everything, politely and promptly.

What shall I do to get the tel number that O2 failed to port to O2 sim to operate so that I am not cut of from the world and missing important calls?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Herman35 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Herman35
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, however none of of your solutions are applicable as apart from telegram and whatsup I do not do (and ever will) have Facebook , Twitter or Instagram.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Numbers to all on here then @Herman35 

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Herman35
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5, appreciate your rapid responses . Please could you kindly explain what your last message meant, ie "Numbers to all on here then @Herman35 "?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Click the link in my post to see a range of numbers to call @Herman35 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6260 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

If the port didn't go through Friday it will be Monday.

Your old EE SIM should still work. Pop it back and don't change back to O2 until it goes dead

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Herman35 Just for you to keep in mind that O2 doesn't port numbers on the weekend, so even if you get through not much will happen until Monday or Tuesday.

Did you switch to O2 because of a better deal? Sometimes that shouldn't be the prime concern. If EE fixed everything so promptly and politely for 16 years you should have stayed where you were.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 10

Herman35
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, yes tried all the Tel numbers you kindly provided, but as I only found out at on Sat 7.55pm that O2 has not actioned their undertaking to transfer my EE phone number by Friday, I now find that O2 can not be reached after 8 PM (unless one opts in to use Zuckerberg app) and their AI robot of course is also utterly useless and total bulls%&t sending you to round and round in circles or failing to comprehend even the most simple questions . I feel I should have taken note of the trustpilot.com O2 reviews which warned about how awful customer care provided by O2 was for them. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

They're open from 8.00am in the morning @Herman35 

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10