Did you mean: 

O2 Won’t Blacklist IMEI

Turner
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning, 

having had my phone lost on 25th March 23, I asked O2 blacklist the IMEI number on the 26th.

Over the past ten days they have provided me with ‘Proof of Usage’ three times and haven’t bothered to blacklist the IMEI number despite me specifically asking for it to be done for my insurance claim.

I phone customer services each day and get the same result, either no action and no response or email as promised or I get a ‘Proof of Usage’ and my IMEI is still active and not blocked.

I went to an O2 store yesterday and I couldn’t have been treated worse, the manager couldn’t be bothered and hid in the back office. They said they had no paper to print a letter for me. They said they couldn’t backlist an IMEI and worse of all they wouldn’t phone customer services for me because the staff at O2 said they were crap and I quote ‘do their head in’.

I was laughed at and told good luck getting in contact with customer services. I then yesterday spoke to someone at customer services who promised to blacklist it as O2 had made a mistake with the paperwork on the 26th.

Suprise Suprise, no response today no email. No follow up and no blacklisting active as promised.

The second I get this issue resolved I’ll be leaving O2 the customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t know why your concerned for me? That seems a very strange thing to say. It’s perfectly reasonable for me to request a simple letter my insurers have asked me to get. I have been on the phone to O2 for the past 40 mins. 3 times I got cut off whilst being passed to customer services and it looped back to the start of the call as if I just called. The fourth time this happened I’ve hung up.

I guess I’ll need to waste more of my time going to a physical store and simply refusing to leave till they give me what should be a very simple letter.

Utterly moronic company 

Message 11 of 24

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

FC9043E7-498F-4F65-9E90-21DE2689066C.jpeg

Message 12 of 24

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38376 Posts
  • 2935 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

This is a customer community forum, @Turner - all people like yourself, mainly, who use O2's services or who have used the service and wish to help.

However, you are at liberty to complain formally to O2, here's how: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 13 of 24

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have no idea what this forum is. And to be honest it doesn’t concern me. 

Im trying to contact O2 through any means necessary, seeing as after nearly two weeks all they have done is ignore me.

Message 14 of 24

pgn
  • 38376 Posts
  • 2935 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

The ways were communicate, @Turner - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/O2-Won-t-Blacklist-IMEI/m-p/1612906/highlight/true#M32086

Your screenshot may help @O2MichaelE - but you may find your insurer and O2 will need to meet in the middle.

Keep a watch for the Private Message from the O2 Advisor on this afternoon, he's been tagged.

Message 15 of 24

O2MichaelE
Former Staff
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @pgn , thanks for tagging me in

@Turner I'll DM you for more info, see what's been done so far and get a better idea of what you need.

My working hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 - 17:00
If you message me outside of these times I will respond once I am available
Message 16 of 24

Turner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As expected, absolutely no further forward. 14 days after my phone was lost and can’t even get a letter from O2.

They respond to these messages as lip service, with absolutely no intention of solving the issue. Not only are the O2 staff here absolutely inept, they are inexplicably backed up by the community.

But that’s Ok I’m only down £1,350 and O2 don’t seem to give a sh*t

Message 17 of 24

pgn
  • 38376 Posts
  • 2935 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

If it is within the power of the O2 Advisors here on the Forum, @Turner - they will see your issue to resolution, if you work with them. I thought you were working with MichaelE previously, and due to bank holiday hours, you won't get an advisor until after 9am today, when @O2Sarah- is on duty.

Message 18 of 24

pgn
  • 38376 Posts
  • 2935 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

And this afternoon, it is @O2Ryan on, @Turner 

Perhaps Ryan can get you the proof of IMEI blacklisting that your insurer is asking for as described by that insurer below:

Screenshot_20230410-134828.png

Good luck, and thanks, @O2Ryan.

Message 19 of 24

O2Ryan
Former Staff
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 20 of 24