cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi Calling - Firewall ports info please?

homestead72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

O2 wifi calling does not work at all at my workplace and I am sure it is due to the relevant firewall ports not being opened up.  Wifi calling works fine at home an other places.

The network manager where I work is happy to open them up but needs to know what they are.  Does anybody know please?  I have looked online but cannot find anything recent.

Thanks

Stu

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10939 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3125 Solutions

@homestead72 

I am not 100% sure but its the usual ports, 80, 8080 and 443, and also 143, 4500 and 500 all need to be UDP and TCP we didnt have to open any ports on our LAN.  

I would get them to check the firewall logs, and this will tell them what ports your phone is trying to connect based on your IP connection. 
It could also be that your company doesn't have a UK IP, or is relying on Proxy Servers..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10939 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3125 Solutions

@homestead72 

I am not 100% sure but its the usual ports, 80, 8080 and 443, and also 143, 4500 and 500 all need to be UDP and TCP we didnt have to open any ports on our LAN.  

I would get them to check the firewall logs, and this will tell them what ports your phone is trying to connect based on your IP connection. 
It could also be that your company doesn't have a UK IP, or is relying on Proxy Servers..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2