O2 Audible Extra cancelled but still active with Audible

ewin42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to help. 

I had a 3 month free trail to Audible via O2 with an O2 extra which started on the 1st April and ended on the 30th June. This was activated fine with Audible and I cancelled the O2 Audible Extra on the 1st May. The extra then did not show on my O2 account but still showed as active on Audible. I expected this to be removed from Audible after the 30th June but it has now changed to a full Audible premium account managed by O2. 

So the O2 Audible Extra is not showing on my O2 account but the Audible account is showing as still active and managed by O2. I have spoken to both O2 and Audible multiple times and neither is willing to listen or help with O2 saying it cancelled and disconnected and Audible saying it's managed by O2 and there is nothing they can do. I think I have called both about 20 times and have got no help at all. All I want to do is get the membership removed from my Audible account.

Also Audible are saying that there is a charge of 5.33 for the Audible but not sure what this is been charged to since I have not seen this on any bills. So technically I appear to have a full Audible account that I do not appear to be paying for. So even though I appear to be getting it for nothing I still want the memerbship which is managed by O2 removed to stop any issues in the future.

Is anyone able to offer any advise and O2 and Audible certainly aren't helping in any way.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11147 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

@ewin42 

The only people who can fix this are Amazon, and they can remove the o2 billing part from the Account, sorry to say there is nothing o2 can do, especially if it has been cancelled on the o2 side. 

You can always try emailing Jeff Bezos and see if he can get Amazon's CS team to do something about it. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

ewin42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So this is the issue, I have just spoken to Audible again and they will not help as the subscription is managed by O2 and due to data protection laws they say there is nothing they can do.

There must be an escalation process to follow as it was with O2 that I took out the subscription. O2 should be the ones who are resposnbile. O2 should have a process to send through another notification to audible that the account has no subscription anymore even though it's not showing. 

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11147 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

@ewin42 

What a load of tosh from Amazon, as they can remove the payment method, they just obviously choose not to.. 
~
Your only option is to get back on the phone to o2, and see if they can do it via a back door way.. Guide: How to find help & contact O2   https://o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

Just be aware if you go down the complaints route o2 are taking upto 8 weeks to respond, and the point you submit the complaint customer services are unable to assist anymore in this matter. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 5

ewin42
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I need to raise as a complaint now anyway as O2 have lied about escalating to back end teams multiple times already and I have promised callbacks which have not happened and also I have been blind transferred many times as the advisors have just been unwilling to help. Not saying it's always the advisors fault but there just does not seem to be any process when the issue is outside of a set script that they follow.

Its a shame really as with all other aspects off my account O2 have been brilliant. I had an issue with my apple watch which was sorted in about 5-10 minutes. 

Will post an update if I do get a resolution. Thanks for the advice.

Message 5 of 5