Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer - imessages don't work!

Helen23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have transferred my number from Plusnet to O2 pay as you go using the PAC code. I also have a new sim free phone from O2. I thought it had worked has phone calls have come through, however imessages and SMS are not working, I can't send or receive. When I go into settings and check what address messages are sent from my number is there but it says verifying and has been all day. I have spoken to customer services who got me to reset the network - this hasn't worked. Please can someone help, I cant be without messages. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149927 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28557 Solutions

@Helen23 

Settings >Phone >My Number.

If incorrect, edit, save and reboot phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

DC1984
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you manage to get this resolved?

Message 3 of 5

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

More often than not, the issues with iMessage not activating seem to work themselves out but it takes varying amounts of time. @O2Sarah- can you have a look for @DC1984 please?

Message 4 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Breanna 

We are seeing them take roughly 5 days at the moment. 

@DC1984 I will send you a private message to make sure everything is in place on our side. 

Message 5 of 5