Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls

Myche-1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My husband seems to be missing calls from various people, however he has not lost signal and its a brand new sim, happened with the old sim too.  His mother try to call or text and gets that message then I call straight away and I get through.  Is there something in the settings that he may have changed? 

"This person's phone is currently unavailable, please try later"

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Some phones have a setting that stops them ringing if flipped face-down, unless the caller ID is in a set group of starred or favourite callers on the receiving phone, or the caller rings twice or more within a set time.

Test if this is what is happening to your husband's phone, @Myche-1980.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/enable-flip-shhh-your-google-pixel-quickly-turn-do-not-distur...

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting info @pgn. Is it just the Pixel which does that?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

pgn
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Interesting info @pgn. Is it just the Pixel which does that?

Good question, @Cleoriff. The Pixel has this from Pixel 3. I think my OnePlus 6T of old had it, but cannot remember for sure.

Many phones offer a "flip to silent" for when the phone starts to ring and you are busy, turning it facedown silences it. The Pixel phones offer Flip to Sssh, which is quite clever. My article linked above talks of an app that gives the same function to other phones, not explored it.

One thing: the phone may not ring, but still shows a missed call when you get to look at it, so not sure if this is 100% @Myche-1980's issue... 🤷

One downside, Flip to Sssh can be activated unintentionally if the phone is in your trouser pocket with the face towards your leg, annoyingly - but the temptation to set the phone on the desk facedown must be tempered with you giving it the occasional glance. I think Pixel phones just need to feel loved and touched now and then 😁

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Very clever. I don't see it on my Note 10 though, so perhaps Samsung phones don't have the feature? My other half has a S10 and grandson a S22. No sign of it on their phones?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

pgn
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Looks like an app to get "Flip to Shhh" functionality on other phones in the Android side of the house, @Cleoriff:

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @pgn and @jonsie 

Not sure I'm that interested in getting it really. If I don't want to hear notifications, I just put my phone on silent. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8