Did you mean: 

Not Receiving SMS messages related to OTP until hours or days later

corky_73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone might have some advice on this; I'm struggling greatly with receiving OTP messages from banks, retailers etc which obviously makes things rather tricky when wanting to move money or pay bills etc. Am finding it difficult to find an answer to this or even to contact someone knowledgeable at O2 to try and resolve. Has anyone experienced this and have they found a good solution?

Many thanks,

Neil.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@corky_73 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

corky_73
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, have contacted via FB, lets see how it goes...

Message 3 of 7

corky_73
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So, after waiting 2.5 days for an initial reply via FB there was a brief exchange of messages which has dried up over the last couple of days. I'm still unable to use any OTP or TFA for online banking etc, which is obviously a serious pain. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to get a response? Thanks😊

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

As you have tried the phone customer support, and social media, and still not got a resolution @corky_73 we can try the community advisors.

Let's see if @O2Helen01 can help - can you see if there is anything you can do to fix this?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

O2Helen01
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all, thanks for the tag @gmarkj  . @corky_73  I'm going to send you a message privately and we can discuss your issue further.

Message 6 of 7

Dodger2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having the same problem, sometimes it takes 24 hrs for the OTP code to come through which is useless.

Please sort it out O2 ! 

Message 7 of 7