Did you mean: 

Nokia G10 Factory Reset

Mae1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

please can somebody help? My Nokia G10 started behaving weirdly so I consider factory reset. Unfortunately, all options I'm aware of failed - tapping the 'settings' ... etc doesn't work, nothing at all happens if I tap on the 'reset options'. If I try the 'power + volume down' method, I see a black screen with a small 'FASTBOOT MODE...' in the bottom left corner (nothing else happens). Would anyone have an idea what to do?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If you Google "Nokia G10 factory reset"

There are a couple of YouTube instructional videos 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mae1 

If the factory reset as detailed by @Enlli does not work, you can buy a new Nokia G10 on eBay for about eighty pounds. And you could then recoup a few quid by selling your old one as a "for spares or not working" model.   

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Mae1 

More options here Nokia G10 - Reset via recovery mode - Gomibo.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Mae1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nice, indeed (this is meant ironically, just for clarity). In fact, I'm afraid I'm not thinking about buying any further smartphone ever at all.

Message 5 of 9

Mae1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is exactly what I have already tried - but there was no 'Wipe data/ factory reset' available. In fact, no options to choose from appeared. There was just a black screen with a small 'FASTBOOT MODE...' in the bottom left corner and the phone basically just stuck in this. I had to hold the Pwer button for really long to make it at least switch off.

Message 6 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mae1 

OK, fair enough. 

Message 7 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Mae1 wrote:

Nice, indeed (this is meant ironically, just for clarity). In fact, I'm afraid I'm not thinking about buying any further smartphone ever at all.

In that case, @Mae1Best dumb phones and non-smartphones in the UK for 2023 (goodhousekeeping.com)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Oxonian
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Mae1 

You can buy a PAYG dumbphone from Tesco for about twenty pounds. They work, nothing more and nothing less.  

Message 9 of 9