Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

JS79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, For the past 4 years both my son and I have not been able to get a decent signal anywhere we go. We have upgraded our phones and more recently followed the steps to e network, choose manually and nothing works. Worse still we went on holiday from the midlands to Devon and suddenly  we finally got 5g for the first time! Yet in the centre of Birmingham or outskirts at our own home we cannot get signal in some rooms. Please help I am at the end of my tether and hate having to hotspot my partners phone all the time. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@JS79 

O2 have known issues with capacity in heavily populated areas.

Indoors signal can also be patchy Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

WiFi calling, as in the guide, can help with calls.

If the issue has been going on for 4 years it's time for you to consider other networks. Try PAYG sim cards from other networks to see which works best for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

japitts
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 134 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

If you have no coverage anywhere you go, it suggests a phone fault and you should consider comparing with other O2 users.

If you have varying levels of coverage, or poor coverage in certain areas, this indicates a coverage issue. Good indicated coverage but poor data speeds suggests a capacity issue.

If you mention that other networks are performing well in the same locations, it's pointing at an O2 issue.

Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

It's not likely to suddenly be fixed after 4 years...

It's clearly an O2 dead spot the OP lives in.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@JS79 You and your son have had poor service for four years, and you're just now getting around to complaining about it? Really? Why would you still be with O2 after all this time?

Do you at least use WiFi calling when you're at home? Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6