Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal Birmingham

chrissy_imc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I work in Birmingham city centre and whenever I am in the office I have 4g signal (3 bars) however I can’t get texts, internet or make calls!

I’ve been to the o2 store reset everything and still the same. All other networks work fine in the office except for o2 so they can’t blame the building! 

is there a way I can get signal that works? I have an iPhone 13 and always have the issue in the office. I have issue at home depending where I am in the house but I have wifi so it’s not so bad but the office where I need signal I got nothing. Only been with o2 for 3 months 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@chrissy_imc 

Have you got Wifi Calling on your iPhone? You could try that for part of your problem.

Check these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

chrissy_imc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks

i have wifi calling but even that doesn’t work. It’s so frustrating as I have signal and all other networks work in the office work bar o2 

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@chrissy_imc 

You need to get some PAYG sims from other networks and find the one which gives the best signal. Then you need to think seriously about swapping networks.

I have to say on the rare occasions I've been to Birmingham. my signal status is abysmal.

O2 Won't be able to help I'm afraid. If you are in a dead spot for their signal, you can only think of changing. Of course you could use a PAYG sim from another network during working hrs. Not ideal but cheaper than having to pay your contract off to move to another network.

O2 like ALL networks, do not offer 100% coverage all of the time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

chrissy_imc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. That might have to be an option. Every other network works great in the office bar o2, that’s the frustrating thing. As soon as I’m outside the office I get great signal just not in the office. O2 blame the building but if it’s the building other networks shouldn’t work either

appreciate your help

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

You're welcome @chrissy_imc 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

AlexanderMTTH
  • 76 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I had the same issue with the network in the city centre. O2 was the only network that seemed to have problems in the building, VDF and EE worked fine. (I do not know anyone on Three at work, for some reason!).

WiFi calling sorted the problem, but it wasn't nice to deal with the issue and find out what was wrong.  Hope you get yours sorted. 

Best. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
Message 7 of 7