Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from 7726 Spam Reporter

DebzyG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Every time I forward a text message to the Spam Reporter on 7726 I never receive a reply. Ever. 

I’m correctly forwarding the message. That sends and delivers ok. But I never get a response from 7726 to advise it’s been received nor do I get a follow up text asking me to then forward on the number.

So it looks like I’m just randomly forwarding text messages to 7726 with no further actions being taken or requested. 

Is this an O2 issue? Anyone else has this problem?

(Im a pay monthly customer)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@DebzyG 

No this happens across all networks, as 7726 doesn't always generate a reply message, as it does some clever ML actions in the background. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 7

DebzyG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply. 

When I’ve researched this, I’ve seen other people on other networks advising that they do always get responses though? Including from O2?

Once they forward the message they receive a response acknowledging receipt of the message. Then they receive a 2nd text asking to forward the offending number. 

Makes no sense that they’d reply to some and never to others? People are less likely to use the service if they don’t get a response, as they’ll assume it doesn’t work. And nowhere does it state that you ‘might not always get a response’. 

I’m not sure what clever background tech stuff you’re referring to, but how would they know who sent the message to record it as spam if they don’t request the number the message was sent from? 

Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7926 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

The message you send has a message header which is invisible to you or I

That contains your number etc, so they know the number from which it is sent.

I use Vodafone and O2 and don't see a difference in reporting between the two

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

As described @DebzyG 

I always get a response each and every time I forward a message to 7726

Screenshot_20221012-201107_Messages.jpg

Message 5 of 7

DebzyG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

See this is exactly what I should be getting, but I’m not. 

Message 6 of 7

DebzyG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If that’s the case why do they send most people a follow up message asking for the scammers number? (See response below example)

I don’t even receive a message to confirm they’ve received the forwarded spam message. Which you’d think they’d at least do, i.e a “Thanks for reporting” message back. I get zero response. No idea if they’ve even received it. 

Message 7 of 7