Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone signal at home at all !

Mullsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are now just 12 months into 3 year contracts with O2 . From day one we have had issues with getting a phone signal at home , something I never thought would happen because we don't live in the middle of nowhere. I've contacted O2 , ran tests and all I get off O2 is that there isn't a problem. We can't get any signal at all in or around our home . I have elderly in-laws who need to contact us easily and this is now causing issues with my wife as she's getting really stressed over this especially after her mum having a stroke recently.  Apart from paying off x2 contracts with 2 years left on each of them is there anything else that can be done . The WiFi calling is awful as you just constantly here yourself echo in the background and then cuts off . We are both at our wits end with this , we have no issue with O2 all we want is to be able to make and receive calls from our home . I don't think it's a lot to ask for . Thanks in advance for any help / advice given 😊 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37231 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Mullsy wrote:

We've got the WiFi calling set up already. That's just as bad as no signal at all. When using WiFi calling there is a constant echo so having a conversation is really difficult. It also cuts out after 20-30 second's. Thanks anyway 👍

Turn off your O2  signal on your phone, see if the WiFi calling works any better, @Mullsy?

1000020760.png

As a test... Turning on airplane mode may achieve the same result.

Message 11 of 14

Mullsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah that's not going to work for them as they are both in their 80's  and we've had to buy them shall we say elderly friendly handsets with massive buttons and pre set phone numbers 😂 If I can pay off my handsets that would be perfect. Thanks anyway 👍

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

You're welcome @Mullsy 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7106 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Mullsy Have you updated the firmware on the Pixel phones.

Seems the latest deals with WiFi Calling problems 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/06/google-pixel-phones-june-2024-update-seems-to-fix-uk-w...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 14 of 14