Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone signal at home at all !

Mullsy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We are now just 12 months into 3 year contracts with O2 . From day one we have had issues with getting a phone signal at home , something I never thought would happen because we don't live in the middle of nowhere. I've contacted O2 , ran tests and all I get off O2 is that there isn't a problem. We can't get any signal at all in or around our home . I have elderly in-laws who need to contact us easily and this is now causing issues with my wife as she's getting really stressed over this especially after her mum having a stroke recently.  Apart from paying off x2 contracts with 2 years left on each of them is there anything else that can be done . The WiFi calling is awful as you just constantly here yourself echo in the background and then cuts off . We are both at our wits end with this , we have no issue with O2 all we want is to be able to make and receive calls from our home . I don't think it's a lot to ask for . Thanks in advance for any help / advice given 😊 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Mullsy 

Try setting your phones to 2g only if you can as calls are usually better

Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

Mullsy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , thanks for that I've already tried it and it's still no different. It's not just me because I know other neighbours have the same issue . Its just a shame that nobody at O2 seems to be bothered. It looks like I'm in the 1% of the UK that O2 don't cover 🤬

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Mullsy 

Seeking out a better network seems to be your only option then.

You only need to pay off your device plan which means you own the phone and you can go sim only with another network. Try PAYG sims first to make sure you don't get the same problems.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 14

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37206 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Mullsy - have you considered using this feature of most modern phones, if you have good WiFi to your house,

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Worth a shot if you have 3 phones x 24 months each remaining on contract...

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Mullsy wrote:

The WiFi calling is awful as you just constantly here yourself echo in the background and then cuts off . 

Message 6 of 14

Mullsy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We've got the WiFi calling set up already. That's just as bad as no signal at all. When using WiFi calling there is a constant echo so having a conversation is really difficult. It also cuts out after 20-30 second's. Thanks anyway 👍

Message 7 of 14

Mullsy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We owe £400 each on both handsets (Pixel Pro 7's) I'd be happy to do that I just thought I'd have to pay up 2 years of the call package as well ? We were on EE before and had no issues at all where we live . We only changed to O2 because they had a great deal on the handsets we wanted . I never ever considered that we'd have connection issues because we don't live in the middle of nowhere. The other issue is I really need to keep my phone number as I've had it for 20 years and I don't want to lose it . 

Message 8 of 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23475 Posts
  • 1034 Topics
  • 3744 Solutions

@Mullsy Might be a stretch for your elderly in-laws, as they may not be tech savvy, but have you considered or tried using WhatsApp or Skype over your WiFi connection?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 146776 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@Mullsy wrote:

We owe £400 each on both handsets (Pixel Pro 7's) I'd be happy to do that I just thought I'd have to pay up 2 years of the call package as well ? We were on EE before and had no issues at all where we live . We only changed to O2 because they had a great deal on the handsets we wanted . I never ever considered that we'd have connection issues because we don't live in the middle of nowhere. The other issue is I really need to keep my phone number as I've had it for 20 years and I don't want to lose it . 

@Mullsy 

You can get your pac for each phone and give it to EE to keep your numbers.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Using your pac cancels your O2 contact and generates your final bills.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 10 of 14