Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network for over 24HRS

amie_16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning, I have had no network for over 24HRS now. I keep checking online at the network status and it confirms there a mast down in my area ST4 6LS, what is being done about this? When will it be back up and running? And I expect to be reimbursed on my monthly payment for this outtage. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11579 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@amie_16 

o2 will not tell you how long a mast takes to be fixed, as it can be a number of factors that need to be resolved, as well as getting access to the mast, and with the one that services Summerville Road, it will be difficult as its at the local school... 

To be fair 24hrs is nothing so you if it comes back today you will probably get 25p back or something

And no network guarantees 100% network uptime or 100% coverage.

Just keep an eye on the status page.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11579 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@amie_16 

o2 will not tell you how long a mast takes to be fixed, as it can be a number of factors that need to be resolved, as well as getting access to the mast, and with the one that services Summerville Road, it will be difficult as its at the local school... 

To be fair 24hrs is nothing so you if it comes back today you will probably get 25p back or something

And no network guarantees 100% network uptime or 100% coverage.

Just keep an eye on the status page.

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7926 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

This is not O2 No one on here, be it us customers or account advisors can answer that question. Depending on the nature fault and the very real problems of access an accurate timescale can't be given.

Masts go down all the time on all networks (EE is struggling by me) and you are not guaranteed signal 100% of the time. 

Use WiFi Calling at home if you can

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

And download O2s My Network App to report and get regular updates on the network in places you frequent 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12621 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Unfortunately @amie_16 we would have no idea.

This is a community of o2 customers, so mast repair is outside of our knowledge.

What I can tell you is that 100% coverage is not guaranteed in your Ts & Cs (terms and conditions) - in fact, no network does that.

Mast repairs are very tricky - supply and demand for parts, access to the mast itself and completing the repair are highly variable and why o2 (and again, all of the networks) do not give timescales for repair.

There are some things you can do - use the network checker to register for updates, contact customer services to highlight the issue, and once connection is restored you can ask for some form of compensation (which is not likely to be much - an assumed £40 per month airtime works out to £1.33 per day).

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4