Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection in Spain

Stoker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 13 Pro with an esim from O2 and a physical Spanish Sim. I'm in Spain at the moment but today I am unable to get a network connection for the O2 line. The Spanish line is okay. I've tried switching the phone off and on but it makes no difference. When I try to select a network manually I just get a spinning wheel. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Stoker 

You'll need to contact O2 to check your account settings then as we can't do that from here, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Stoker 

There are known issues with eSims abroad.

Try changing your data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

or check with O2 for any account issues.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Stoker
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many Thanks for the advice MI5. The APN is currently set to idata.o2.co.uk with a username vertigo and a password so I was reluctant to change it in case I made things worse and wasn't able to reinstate things as I don't know what the password is. I'll try messaging o2 on Facebook first.

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Stoker 

The password is password, but you've no need to change that line.

Just the first line and replace the idata with mobile.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Stoker
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

great. I'll try that

Message 5 of 12

Stoker
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

unfortunately that hasn't made any difference

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Stoker 

You'll need to contact O2 to check your account settings then as we can't do that from here, sorry.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Stoker
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many Thanks for your help MI5 I've now contacted Customer Services by phone and it appears that the issue was my Spend Cap.

How do I mark your reply as the solution as it is not obvious to me how this is done?

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Stoker 

There should be a button on the relevant post saying "accept as solution" but don't worry if you can't see it.

Glad you're sorted.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Stoker  The 'Accept as a Solution' is in the drop down menu top right hand side of the post of @MI5's you want to mark as a solution. (Looks like a V in a circle)

Interesting thread this one. I never realised having a Spend Cap would affect the working of your phone whilst abroad. Need to add that to the list. Thanks @Stoker.

Enjoy Spain.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12