Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet or network roaming

AV1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently travelling for business to India. There is a roaming package which should provide calls / data for 7.50 per day. First couple of days were ok but over the last 2 days, the network was only showing Edge (No 4G or 5G). I rang support team from here who was of not much help but now there is no network either. So cant even call from the phone back to report or discuss with the tech team. I tried with a local sim which is working and there is 5G data. So looks like not a device issue but more of a network issue for O2 roaming. Any ideas what I could do? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@AV1 

Some things to try:
Check data roaming is on in phone settings.
Manually search for another network
Turn off 5g
Change your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
Check with O2 whether you have a roaming bar on your account. Do this via social media
If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

AV1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5

Data roaming is on. Network was on auto. tried to move it to others manually with no luck. 

APN - changed from idata.co.uk to mobile.co.uk - no benefit.  

Left a message through instagram - They will get back in 72hrs 😞

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@AV1 

If you get a "forbidden" network, they will usually work when roaming.

Chances are that this is a local network issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

AV1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5.. Thank you for your help.

Hopefully it is a network issue and will resolve quickly.. Will update.  

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

Good luck @AV1 

Message 6 of 6