Did you mean: 

No incoming/outgoing calls after port

LPS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place as I'm not sure how else to access any help from O2. I've just bought a new phone and contract for my teenage daughter. Her number ported yesterday and WhatsApp and text messages work fine. However she can't make any calls (call just cuts off almost instantly) and she can't receive any calls (again it just cuts off). Tried restarting the phone numerous times and no idea what to do next as everything else works.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@LPS 

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 32

NormalRob
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem. O2 have been thoroughly useless in helping. I now have a phone that can't in the first week of my new job. Great.

Message 3 of 32

Ivo
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem here WHAT IS GOING ON????

Message 4 of 32

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Somethings crapped out.

Forum is full of similar issues this week.

@TheresaV @LukasB any ideas?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 32

IT_Engineer69
Level 3: Thinker
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I too am experiencing a similar issue after provisioning an Apple Watch to my account. Customer services told me it was an issue in my area and to keep restarting my phone. Luckily I can send/receive text messages just not make outgoing/receive incoming calls

Message 6 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Yep - another 2 spaced about 10 minutes apart (2nd one posted twice):

1 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Cant-make-outgoing-calls-or-take-incoming-...

2 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Gurus/No-service/m-p/1482444#M9924

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 32

IT_Engineer69
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

definitely sounds like something has failed on the o2 side of provisioning/porting. On the phone to a rep at the moment via Skype

Message 8 of 32

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@IT_Engineer69 

Ask them to escalate the issue to tech services.

It seems something quite big effecting lots of number ranges.

Message 9 of 32

IT_Engineer69
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Will have to drop off and try again later I think. Got transferred to the Apple Watch team and still on hold

Message 10 of 32