Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID on incoming calls

Boyack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have contacted O2 a number of times both by telephone and chat message to get my no caller ID on all incoming calls issue on my iPhone 8 resolved. I have gone through all the appropriate phone checks and resets and changing SIMs so it is obviously an O2 issue. This only happened when I changed my SIM card recently. I have been given the runaround by O2 and am completely frustrated so can anyone help as I am on the point of changing provider. Thanks 

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Simon7425 wrote:

Just got off the phone with O2 'support' to no avail. I requested the CLI presentation facility bolt on be added to which the team I spoke to were completely unaware. I directed them to this message thread at which point I was advised that my account has been moved to 'a new billing system' where the bolt on cannot be added and that a support ticket would be raised to resolve the 'No Caller ID' issue and I have to wait 5 working days for this to be resolved. 

I'm at my wits end now with this and feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall!!

Any assistance that any of you could provide would be much appreciated!

Call again. Try around 08:10am, and persist. Either way, via Bolt-on or by completely removing and reinitializing your account on the O2 side, your visibility of incoming CLI *should* work, @Simon7425.

And keep hammering on Social Media, as you have been. It takes an awful lot of persistent nagging these days.

Message 61 of 78

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Simon7425 

If this does not resolve itself, you have the option of making a complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

However, complaints take several weeks to resolve, so you'll need to keep pushing Customer Services in the interim. 

Take note of Resolver in the former document too please. Several forum members have reported that they facilitated a satisfactory outcome to their issues.  

Message 62 of 78

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

@Simon7425 Yep got Caller ID'S no problem

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 63 of 78

Simon28
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Go to call settings and disable 4 g calling .that will do it.

Message 64 of 78

Simon28
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disable 4 g calling and it will work.

Message 65 of 78

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

@Simon28 Disabling 4G Calling means poorer voice calls and the inability to roam in a number of countries.

Customers should not have to resort to hacks.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the account from the network seems to work.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 66 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good news. I've just tested it after my number disconnected and reconnected itself to the network and my Caller ID now works! Bravo whomever from O2 fixed this. slight_smile😀

Message 67 of 78

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@Simon7425 wrote:

Good news. I've just tested it after my number disconnected and reconnected itself to the network and my Caller ID now works! Bravo whomever from O2 fixed this. slight_smile😀

Sounds like someone in O2 reprovisioned your account (delete it, wait [a day?], re-create it) - congrats @Simon7425 👍

Message 68 of 78

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Simon7425 

Sorted - really pleased for you !  😀

Message 69 of 78

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just out of interest, does that bolt-on now appear enabled on your account?

O2 were not so forward with confirming with me what they'd actually done on the account, such as anything beside the bolt-on. In fact, I found out about the bolt-on myself when I checked account. I didn't know of its existence before that.

With regard to O2 Customer Service, on the face of it, it seems a common fault with recent connections or where there have been changes to contract, phone or tariff.

What is needed is some real education with the people on the front line taking the calls. It really shouldn't come down to having to call and be overly persistent to get something fixed which proves a critical function of service for many. 

Message 70 of 78