Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No caller ID on incoming calls

Boyack
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have contacted O2 a number of times both by telephone and chat message to get my no caller ID on all incoming calls issue on my iPhone 8 resolved. I have gone through all the appropriate phone checks and resets and changing SIMs so it is obviously an O2 issue. This only happened when I changed my SIM card recently. I have been given the runaround by O2 and am completely frustrated so can anyone help as I am on the point of changing provider. Thanks 

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem. Moved to e-SIM When upgrading and have lost incoming caller ID. I've tried another SIM in the device (from another provider) and incoming caller ID works fine. this would indicate an issue with my O2 profile. I've had a support ticket open for over a week but no support has been provided. Any help that can be provided here would be much appreciated

Message 51 of 78

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38278 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Ask O2 via 202 or Social Media or webchat to apply the "CLI Presentation Facility" bolt-on to your account, then reboot phone once it shows in your MyO2 and see how you get on.

Good luck, @Simon7425 

Message 52 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn I've contacted them on social media. I asked them to apply the CLI presentation bolt on. It took them several hours to respond with 'The bolt on is already active on your account'. I must now wait 5 working days for an update from them. This is not only frustrating but infuriating as I rely on CLI for work purposes !!!!

I'm not at all impressed with this level of customer 'support'!

Message 53 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further update:

cli presentation bolt on is not showing in my O2. How do I convince the ‘support’ teams that this needs to be applied?

Message 54 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Simon7425 

You need to call them I'm afraid. There should be no issue (Hopefully)

Give O2 a call on  202 or 0344 809 202 (Contract)  4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on social media on Instagram https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW). 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff . I'll try them (202) again later this morning. Not looking forward to this as it will be the third time I've called them and inevitably put on hold for 20-30 minutes but I really do need this function in my work.

I guess there is nobody contactable through this forum that could help in the event of the support team being unable to resolve this issue?

Message 56 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Simon7425 

All the O2 advisors we had, left us in July. They could access accounts and do things we couldn't.

So unfortunately it's back to O2. Most of the staff are aware of the CLI presentation facility needing to be applied to help those with a no caller ID.

Don't forget the social media route, you could come at them from many angles. 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just got off the phone with O2 'support' to no avail. I requested the CLI presentation facility bolt on be added to which the team I spoke to were completely unaware. I directed them to this message thread at which point I was advised that my account has been moved to 'a new billing system' where the bolt on cannot be added and that a support ticket would be raised to resolve the 'No Caller ID' issue and I have to wait 5 working days for this to be resolved. 

I'm at my wits end now with this and feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall!!

Any assistance that any of you could provide would be much appreciated!

Message 58 of 78

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7827 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

Not sure how far any of us on here can go.

We were advised of the Bolt on via the forum manager, but as you have been informed there are two Customer Management/ Billing Systems in operation.

I'm on the new system with an eSIM but no bolt on appears. 

I have the feeling the Bolt on was some sort of wierd work round for something that worked OK in the past.

O2 is a bit of a mess at the momnt

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 59 of 78

Simon7425
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice @Enlli

I take it you are receiving your caller IDs without problems? If so I envy you! slight_smile😂

"O2 is a bit of a mess at the moment". On this I completely agree! 

Message 60 of 78