Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service in the USA

Jon16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just arrived in the USA and i have no service at all, followed all the suggestions on here without success. Cant call 202 (no service) & not registered on network. I dont even have wifi calling. Cant use facebook as I dont have it. And trying to chat through the O2 website is like trying to catch fog.

I had no issues here back in December with Pixel pro 7, switched to S23 Ultra now nothing.

I have reset the network setting.

Tried manually selecting network provider.

To no avail.

Any help much appreciated,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Jon16 

Wifi calling won't work abroad anyway but you can use Skype Guide: A Guide to Skype 

Have you manually connected to T Mobile even though it says it's a forbidden network?

USA - Roaming with O2 

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Jon16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply MI5, just tried T mobile forbidden - "Sim card does not allow connection to this network"

I think I need to speak with o2 but have way to do so and I am in the USA for 2 months!

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Jon16 Skype, as per the link above. Call +44800 032 1402. It's free.

When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am UK time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Jon16 

Try rebooting the phone a few times.

I've had it in the past where 4 or 5 reboots were required before a network was registered.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5