Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone Service BT28 1HS since 18 June

LHalpin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There has been severe phone disruption to service in Lisburn area BT28 since 18 June. Close to100% of calls fail. I underscore that this past Saturday marked two weeks of this. To illustrate the severity of the problem, I've: a) had to go into the town centre to make all work calls, in open public spaces, where there is access; and b) there is flooding my my apartment this morning and it is impossible for me to ring the plumbing services as there is no phone service on O2. I cannot leave my apartment for risk of flooding ongoing and I must be there with mop to hand. This is urgent. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@LHalpin 

The only option you have is to use WiFi Calling, on your phone.. As we cant tell you and nor will o2 tell you how long the mast will take to repair. 

You can check the status at https://status.o2.co.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@LHalpin 

The only option you have is to use WiFi Calling, on your phone.. As we cant tell you and nor will o2 tell you how long the mast will take to repair. 

You can check the status at https://status.o2.co.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they may possibly be able to help you with this

Message 3 of 4

LHalpin
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your info. here, Madasaf1sh.

This is so frustrating -- as ye know esp. as an expert in IT. You're obviously brilliant at your work and will defo look ye up, hoping to bring your advisory work to a charitable trust that I and several other academic/public affairs colleague have just launched. And, just because we are a charitable trust, you betcha we do NOT offer volunteer opportunities at the trust. Our technical staff and contractors enjoy their wages as well as absolute respect for their never questioned and always delivered hourly rates. So, again, thank you for your info. here. As well as for the knowledge of your cyber existence out there, advising on the complexities associated with establishing and maintaining seamless access to technology systems and comms. My colleagues will be pleased also we've got another expert out there, just a tap away to commission advice IT, etc. Cheers and enjoy a lovely afternoon, Madasaf1sh! 🙂 

Message 4 of 4