Did you mean: 

No OTP codes

GeoffUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Hoping someone here can at least advise on the best course of action.

I left EE and my number was ported across to O2 48 hours ago. Since then, calls and messages have worked fine, but I have been unable to receive any OTP codes via text, which is preventing me from logging into things like online banking. As I am currently going through a switch, I need access and had anticipated that this would not be a problem.

Customer service has been less than helpful, they keep telling me to turn the phone off and on! It’s now been “escalated” but with no timeframe and I don’t get the sense that they understand the issue.

Is there anything I can do at this point - I really do need to be able to log into these things. I did look on another post on here, which suggested porting issues but this has been resolutely denied by the people I’ve spoken to.

Appreciate any help or guidance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146997 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@GeoffUK 

When a number is ported there are a number of different files that need to be moved and various switches need changing on both the old and new networks.

Occasionally the files for OTP's are missed or take a while longer to activate on the new network.

Push customer service to get that all your port files were done. 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

GeoffUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, that’s as I thought - but I’m not having a lot of luck - twice they’ve said the port is fine but I am not convinced that they have actually looked other than to say, yes the number works.

I guess it’s a waiting game at the moment, but (on the assumption that the promise is kept!) I’ll see what they say today/tomorrow.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146997 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@GeoffUK 

Keep pushing them and nudging on social media 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

japitts
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 133 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

OTP's use the exact same routing data as any other text messages or voice calls, but automated/bulk messages may use different core network routes than person-to-person texts.

Message 5 of 5