Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection on 4G when it has good 4G coverage

RMM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have not had a data connection in my local town (Haddington, EH41 3DX) for over a year now. I have done everything asked of me. Network setting reset, replaced SIM with a new one. I have even purchased a new phone yet the same issue arises. It used to work for years so there is coverage. I can make calls no problem.  It shows almost full bars on 4G coverage but will not ever let me browse the web, download a text email or even use Facetime. I have searched social media for the area and no one else is having an issue. I live 5 minute away and it works fine there so presume that is different mast. I have recently tried again to get an answer from O2 and they said "Our Network can get busy in this area." and that was all. If this was the case I would surely be able to occasionally get on especially late at night and if not there would be thousands of people complaining about this and on social media? Doesn't make sense. any suggestions as hugely frustrating. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@RMM 

You need to ask customer service to escalate this to the network team for investigation.

Insist and don't let them fob you off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2