Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next to or no signal

Yvonne-merry1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried all the things 02 suggest several times and been the 02 shop for sim swop.  Still the same. So inconvenient, calls cut out, I can’t hear and they can’t hear me, just no signal or occasionally first tiny bar flashes on and off

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

If it was me I would try my SIM in another phone to see if the handset was faulty

See if anything in these guides helps

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Yvonne-merry1 

Check for network issues here O2 Service Status

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5

Bigdog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 have the worst coverage ever. Can’t wait for my contract to be up or I might go to trading standards as my phone usage is limiter due to bad signal. I live in London and can’t even get 4G in majority of places 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 8132 Posts
  • 167 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Bigdog 

Trading Standards will not get you anywhere. The T&Cs of your contract with O2 do not guarantee you any service at all ; and that is the same across all of the UK mobile network operators.  

If you feel strongly, you could complain to O2 :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In view of the difficulties that you have faced, you either want them to add an ex-gratia credit to your account, or to release you from your contract early. I have no idea what the outcome will be, but you might consider it to be worth a try. 

If you intend moving to another network, I suggest that you purchase some PAYG SIMS and test the other networks in the areas that you frequent. Otherwise, you might move to a network that is no better than you have got at the moment.    

Message 5 of 5