Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone won’t let me call out

RN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone please help I have upgraded my iphone from a 7 to a 12. I have transferred all data accross however my new device won’t let me call out and keeps telling me call failed. I can however call out on my iPhone 7. I’m unsure what to do next. Do I clear everything off my iPhone 7 and restore to factory settings? Will this mean I can then call out from my new iPhone? When I go to settings on my new phone and then about and then network it says sim not provisioned. Please can anyone tell me what to do

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@RN If you were sent a new sim with your new phone you need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community If you're not comfortable doing it yourself you can call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@RN If you were sent a new sim with your new phone you need to do a sim swap: SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community If you're not comfortable doing it yourself you can call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do it for you. Be sure to bring identification with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@RN 

Just put the sim from the 7 in to the 12.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3