Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone won’t automatically connect to mobile data

MrJB16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 14 on 15th July. The following weekend whilst visiting a different area I couldn’t use my mobile data but my son could who is also on o2. He reset my WiFi and this seemed to work for a short while. I took the phone back to the o2 store and the guy had a play around with it and said it should be fine. I went out of the store connected to mobile data but once I lost connection it wouldn’t reconnect automatically, I have to either turn the phone off and on or put it on aeroplane mode and off again and it works. So I took it back to the shop and they gave me a new sim, this did the same thing so I took it back again and they gave me a new phone. However this is doing the same. At home I can go between WiFi and mobile data but as soon as I’m out and I loose WiFi or mobile data I have to physically reconnect it by switching the phone off and on or putting aeroplane mode on and off. It’s driving me crazy I’ve never had such a problem 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

It could be any of several factors, @MrJB16 - see if anything in this article helps: https://www.ikream.com/fix-iphone-14-keeps-losing-signal-69430

Message 2 of 8

MrJB16
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the above. I have tried all those things unfortunately. I’ve just turned 5g off to see if that’s the problem. I’ll only know when I leave the house and loose mobile data to see if it automatically comes back on 

Message 3 of 8

LlwynogArian
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have exactly the same issue, I also upgraded to an iPhone 14pro on the 14th July and ever since my mobile data won't connect automatically. If I come off of WiFi or move between cell sites it disconnects and the only thing I can do is force a connection by switching Airplane mode on and off. Once connected it works fine until I move to a different cell site.

I spoke to O2 CS and they sent me a new SIM card saying that would solve the problem....it didn't.

I've tried resetting Mobile Data settings, resetting Network Settings, a hard reset, switching 5G off, switching roaming off, setting it manual network selection. Nothing makes a difference.

I suspect that O2 need to reset the settings on the backend for my account, however trying to actually get through to someone to get that done is nigh on impossible. The Chat function tries to put me through and then says they're busy and disconnects. I'm currently on hold to CS again, 55 minutes and counting.

Ironically the 6year old iPhone 6s that I upgraded from works fine with the SIM.....

Message 4 of 8

HHoulden93
  • 15 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is exactly my issue too!!! I’m pleased I’m not alone.. did you get the issue solved?

Message 5 of 8

MrJB16
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m sorry I’ve just seen these replies. No it’s still the same 😞 O2 sent me a new sim but that’s doing exactly the same. I’m gutted I threw away my original sim when I upgraded because I’m wondering if that would’ve worked 🤷🏻‍♀️

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10573 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@MrJB16 

Worth checking your data settings, and if need be temporarily using mobile.o2.co.uk in the Mobile Data Settings. 

If it does call o2 and ask them to add idata back on to your account. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

MrJB16
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this. I just had a look at my mobile data settings and it was on automatic. I switched that off and it gave me a list of carriers, ie: O2, ee etc so I selected O2  I won’t know if this has worked unless I go somewhere and loose mobile data to see if it reconnects 

Message 8 of 8