Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New handset

Andy72
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I currently have a monthly contract plan with o2. I have paid off the price of my handset. Can I buy a handset for a one off price and keep my current monthly plan? I want to keep my number and the monthly plan suits me but I would like a new phone without having to pay for it over 2 or 3 years. Is this option available to me ? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Andy72 You can buy a phone from anywhere and use your O2 sim. You don't have to buy a phone from O2. If the new phone you're looking at is 5G capable and you're in a 5G area, you can get a 5G sim from O2 and stay on the same airtime tariff.

Before purchasing a phone, check to make sure the model you're buying is compatible if you need WiFi  calling: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Andy72 You can buy a phone from anywhere and use your O2 sim. You don't have to buy a phone from O2. If the new phone you're looking at is 5G capable and you're in a 5G area, you can get a 5G sim from O2 and stay on the same airtime tariff.

Before purchasing a phone, check to make sure the model you're buying is compatible if you need WiFi  calling: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2